
Things on my authority project are progressing nicely but a little slower than I would’ve hoped. Like most projects it’s turning out that it’s taking a lot longer to get things done and maybe my goals weren’t really that realistic. But I’m still pretty happy with the way the project is going.
I spent most of the week getting another book in the series listed on the Kindle. I now have 3 books in that healthy food series and between the 3 I’m averaging about 10 sales a day so that’s about 20 bucks a day which I’m pretty happy with. Those sales are pretty much all coming from just being listed in Amazon and some of the techniques I am learning in a course I am taking on Kindle publishing.
Because I spent a lot of time working on that book plus some other projects I have on my plate, I didn’t get as many blog posts up as I had thought I would. In fact I actually only got one blog post out and it was just a quickie post not an authority type. I also didn’t get any articles written for E-zinearticles or guest posting on other blogs. That being said, I am getting a trickle of traffic from organic search as well as other blogs, E-zinearticles and pinterest. Only about 10 visitors a day but thats still pretty good considering I only have 5 blog posts and minimal promotion.
I am tracking hits to my books from the blog and am getting a lot of clicks to the books but no sales from actual blog yet. I also have links inside each book to the others in the series and I am making sales from those links so writing a series of books instead of just one book or unrelated books pays off!
I decided that I really need to get working on the freebie report and get a list started because, as we all know, the money is in the list. I’ve been kind of putting it off because the free report is going have a lot of recipes in it and those are incredibly tedious and time-consuming ( don’t listen to all those WSO’s does that tell you recipe books are the easy way to make money on the Kindle – they one of the hardest types of books to write and if you don’t do it the right way, your sales will be killed with bad reviews)
Even though I didn’t get to work on my blog very much, I did spend quite a bit of time checking out pinterest (its addicting) and I added some pins to my healthy food boards which is resulting in a little traffic to my blog. I made a couple of videos on how to use pinterest and have some ideas on how you can make money with it - you can read that post here.
I only made a few basic tweets and fb posts- gotta work on getting that down to a system and doing some automation with it today so hopefully by next week I will be more organized in my social “presence”.
I also have another authority project going in the dog niche that I’ve been working on also so, of course, that takes away some of the time I would spend on the healthy foods project but I will have to continue to balance both of them since I don’t want to put all my eggs in one authority “basket”. I might outsource some of the writing even though I really feel like I should be writing it all myself, however there are only so many hours in the day and lots to get done.
Of course, I still have my PLR site that I need to tend to and that does generate a lot of customer support questions so it takes up a lot of my time. But that’s where I make most of my money - that’s my “ job” so if you have a full-time job and your wondering how you can fit in time to write a book, make a website and create a social presence I can assure you it can be done because I also have a full-time job even though it’s working for myself online, It takes up as much time as a regular paid job would and since it is how I pay all my bills, I can’t neglect it.
Okay, well that’s just a quickie update on how I’m doing so far on the projects. I think it’s doing good but maybe a little bit slower than I thought (hoped) it would but I tend to overestimate the amount of work I can get done in a week and I have to really learn to be more realistic about my goals. I hope your week was productive and you made forward progress towards your goals too!
No comments:
Post a Comment